Kolacky.. no yeast... add vanilla icecream
How to Make Kolacky.. no yeast... add vanilla icecream
- Let your butter soften up ( not melted)then add to flour and crumble.. I put in the stand up mixer and use the whisk blade.. just until crumbled
- Then add softened icecream and switch to your dough hook and mix well to create a smooth dough.. dough will be really chilly... form into a ball wrap with plastic wrap and refrige overnight
- next day.. roll the dough about 1/8 to 1/4 inch and make small circle cutouts and gently make a thumbprint . don't use jelly or jam.. they will just get hot and runny and drip all over the place.. use preserves as it has more fruit ...
- I like to leave my kolacky's round.. others may like them with sides folded toward center over fruit.. it's up to you
- Bake at 350 for about 20 min.. let cool and dust with powder sugar