Easy for the warm weather that will soon be upon us, ya think?!
- 1 box
- 8 count individually wrapped chocolate creme-filled suzy q's cakes
- 2 c
- mint chocolate chip ice cream or your favorite flavor
- 1/2 tsp
- mint extract, if using mint ice cream
- 8 oz
- container thawed whipped topping
How to Make Ice-Cream Cake-Easy
- 1Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap that overhangs the edges.
Remove wrapping from 8 of the cakes.(Twinkies would work great too!) Press 4 cakes into bottom of pan, so the long sides of the the cakes are parallel with the short way of the pan.
- 2Place pan in freezer while ice cream softens. Let ice cream stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, stirring until consistency of thick sour cream. Once ice cream is thickly spreadable, remove pan from freezer .
Spread ice cream over top of cakes and to completely cover to edges of pan.
- 3Press remaining 4 cakes on top of ice cream, the same as the last ones. Tightly cover top of cake with overhanging plastic wrap.
Freeze until firm at least 3 hours.
- 4Fold mint extract, if using, into thawed whipped topping. Once cake is firm to touch, uncover top of cake.
Invert onto platter; remove pan and plastic wrap. Frost sides and top of cake with thawed whipped topping(before doing this if you want tint topping with color of your choice tint green in this case , if desired -(depending on the flavor and color of ice cream - pink for strawberry ice cream etc..)
Refreeze for at least 2 hours or overnight. Thinly slice and serve.
IF YOU LOVE ICE CREAM CAKES YOU WILL LOVE THIS ONE!