Homemade Rum Raisin and Slivered Almond Ice Cream
If you decided to add chocolate chips, do not do so until after the first hour of freezing.
Serve with whipped cream or even a scoop into your favorite hot coffee.
- 6 c
- heavy cream
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- slivered almonds
- 3/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- dark, spiced rum (can substitute with 1tbsp rum extract)
- 1 pinch
- sea salt
How to Make Homemade Rum Raisin and Slivered Almond Ice Cream
- 1Place all ingredients in a pot. Bring to a boil while whisking the entire time. This is important so that you do not scramble your eggs.
- 2Then drop to low/simmer. Cook for 1 hour. Stirring frequently, so that the raisins do not stick to the bottom of the pan. The almonds float.
- 3After the cream has reduced by a fourth to a half, place in freezer in a bowl of your choice. If you do not reduce, your ice cream with have too much water content, and it will be icy.
- 4After the first hour, stir every 30 minutes for 3 additional hours.
- 5Of course, you may dump this in an ice cream maker, as well.
- 6Now it is ready to serve.