How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- in large bowl, mix butter and sugar together.
- add eggs and vanilla
- mix dry ingredients together and blend into wet ingredients, stirring well.
- spray a cookie sheet and drop by tablespoons onto sheet. I use at least 1 oz. dipper to make large "cookie"
- bake in 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes. don't over bake and make them too crisp.
- when cool. put 3 tablespoons your favorite flavor ice cream that is slightly soft, on a cookie and press another on top to form "sandwich"
- wrap each in plastic wrap or foil. Put all in one container or freezer bag and freeze. I freeze each one as I go to assure they don't melt before getting them all made.
- these are great with mint chocolate chip ice cream. roll edges in mini choc chips as well or crushed peppermint candy.