Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
THIS MAKES A GREAT FAMILY PROJECT.
I DO THIS WITH MY NICES AND NEPHEWS DURING THE SUMMER!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- chocolate cake mix, any verity
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1 large
- egg, room temp
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 gal
- ice cream--square box--any flavor you wish
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, shortening, butter, egg, water and vanilla until well blended. Divide into four equal parts. Between waxed paper, roll one part into a 10-in. x 6-in. x rectangle. Remove one piece of waxed paper and invert dough onto a ungreased baking sheet. Score the dough into eight pieces, each 3-in. x 2-1/2-in. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 2Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until puffed. Immediately cut along the scored lines and prick holes in each piece with a fork. Cool on wire racks.
- 3Cut ice cream into 16 slices, each 3-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-in. Place ice cream slice between two chocolate cookies; wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze on a baking sheet overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.