Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream
NOTE: This recipe does use raw eggs.
- 16 oz
- half and half
- 16 oz
- whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 c
- dash of salft
- regular size butterfingers, crushed
- whole milk - to finish filling ice cream freezer
- rock salt
How to Make Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream
- 1Rinse metal freezer container to get it wet and place in freezer.
- 2In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy.
- 3Add vanilla, sugar and salt; mix well.
- 4Mix in half and half and whipping cream; mix well.
- 5Place bowl with mixture into refrigerator to get cold for 30 minutes.
- 6Crush up butterfingers with rolling pin.
- 7Pour cold mixture into cold metal container bucket (with insert).
- 8Add crushed butterfingers.
- 9Add enough whole milk to fill line on container.
- 10Cover with lid and attach to electric ice cream bucket.
- 11Pour in ice, water and rock salt. Start ice cream maker and continue supplementing with ice and rock salt until ice cream is finished.
- 12NOTE: To make Srawberry Ice Cream
Mash 5 cups fresh strawberries in small bowl. Do steps 1 thru 4. Add strawberries to mixture; place bowl in refrigerator to get cold about 30 min. Pour cold mixture into metal container. Do steps 9 thru 11.
- 13NOTE: to make Chocolate Ice Cream
6 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 1 cup cocoa powder, 1-1/2 cup chocolate syrup, 16 oz. half and half, 16 oz. whipping cream, 2 t. Vanilla
Do steps 1 thru 5; pour cold mixture into metal container. Do steps 9 thru 11