Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream
NOTE: This recipe does use raw eggs.
16 ozhalf and half
16 ozwhipping cream
1 1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
·dash of salft
8regular size butterfingers, crushed
·whole milk - to finish filling ice cream freezer
How to Make Homemade Butterfinger Ice Cream
- Rinse metal freezer container to get it wet and place in freezer.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, sugar and salt; mix well.
- Mix in half and half and whipping cream; mix well.
- Place bowl with mixture into refrigerator to get cold for 30 minutes.
- Crush up butterfingers with rolling pin.
- Pour cold mixture into cold metal container bucket (with insert).
- Add crushed butterfingers.
- Add enough whole milk to fill line on container.
- Cover with lid and attach to electric ice cream bucket.
- Pour in ice, water and rock salt. Start ice cream maker and continue supplementing with ice and rock salt until ice cream is finished.
- NOTE: To make Srawberry Ice Cream
Mash 5 cups fresh strawberries in small bowl. Do steps 1 thru 4. Add strawberries to mixture; place bowl in refrigerator to get cold about 30 min. Pour cold mixture into metal container. Do steps 9 thru 11.
- NOTE: to make Chocolate Ice Cream
6 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 1 cup cocoa powder, 1-1/2 cup chocolate syrup, 16 oz. half and half, 16 oz. whipping cream, 2 t. Vanilla
Do steps 1 thru 5; pour cold mixture into metal container. Do steps 9 thru 11