Kelly Jo Yaksich
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 cvanilla wafer crumbs
5 Tbspmelted butter
1/2 cbutter, softened
2 cpowdered sugar
3egg yolks, reserve whites
2melted chocolate squares
1 tspalmond flavoring
4 oztoasted blanched almond slivers
2 qtvanilla ice cream, softened
How to Make Hafner Dessert
- Mix together the vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press 2 cups in the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
- Cream together the softened butter, powdered sugar. Add egg yolks, and melted chocolate and almond flavoring.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Spread evenly over the crust in the pan.
- Sprinkle toasted slivered almonds over mixture in the pan.
- Carefully spread the softened ice cream over the pan. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.