☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 2 c
- half and half
- vanilla bean, split
- egg yolks
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- matcha (green tea powder)
How to Make Green tea ice cream
- 1Bring heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla bean to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let infuse 10-15 minutes.
- 2Whisk eggs and sugar. Slowly pour into hot cream.
- 3Cook on medium, stirring constantly, to 180 degrees (or wipe finger stripe on back of wooden spoon, if edges stay clear, it's ready). Remove from heat.
- 4Whisk in tea powder. Strain.
- 5Place clean bowl in bowl of ice water. Stir often. Cool and serve. (Or, place in freezer, stirring often)