Great Gram's homemade no cook chocolate ice cream
- 1 gal
- favorite brand chocolate milk
- 2 c
- granulated sugar (may use 1 c for less kcals)
- 1 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 pkg
- large box of chocolate instant pudding
- 1 can(s)
- chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- any favorite candy bars/cookies for toppings
- 2 large
- bags crushed/cubed ice
- 1 pkg
- large box or bag of rock salt
How to Make Great Gram's homemade no cook chocolate ice cream
- 1make instant pudding per package instructions then in a large mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients starting with sugar and moving on to other ingredients from there. NOTE: any flavor instant pudding may be used in place of chocolate, such as french vanilla. If other flavors are used, substitute regular milk for the chocolate milk!
- 2Add small amounts of chocolate syrup topping or hot fudge until desired chocolate taste is achieved.
- 3place in 5 to 6 quart ice cream freezer and freeze using the cubed/crushed ice and rock salt layered as freezer container directs. DO NOT ADD ICE AND SALT TO ICE CREAM! (some have tried this at home and it does not work well! lol)
- 4after freezing to desired consistency, remove the paddle from inside and leave ice cream container inside the ice freezer for about 20 min to cure for more firm ice cream. Ice cream may be removed from container for soft serve use.
- 5At our house, we make a favorite ice cream buffet using crushed cookies, candy bars, fruits, and other favorite toppings. Makes a great birthday party or other get together even more fun!