Granola Fried Ice Cream with Red Cinnamon Sauce
And, I'd been searching for a fried ice cream recipe that I could make at home -- they always melt, or the coating doesn't cover everything, or something. This tastes fabulous, I think just like the real thing, without the mess or bother! Thanks Pillsbury!
FRIED ICE CREAM:
2 ptvanilla ice cream
8.9 ozcinnamon crunchy granola bars, crushed
1 cfinely chopped pecans
1/2 cred hot cinnamon candies
How to Make Granola Fried Ice Cream with Red Cinnamon Sauce
- Hint: Instead of "scooping", I get a BOX of ice cream, rip the box away, and cut cubes. They can be easily formed into balls using your hands.
- Line plate or tray with waxed paper. Scoop ice cream into 8 balls (1/2 cup each) onto waxed paper-lined plate or tray; place in freezer until hard, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 12" skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add crushed granola bars and pecans; cook 3 - 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until deep golden brown and most of butter is absorbed (mixture will look foamy). Spread in 13 x 9 pan; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1 qt saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients over medium-high heat, just until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 4 - 5 minutes or until candies melt, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Pour sauce into glass measuring cup. Cool 10 minutes.
- Working quickly, remove 1 ice cream ball at a time from freezer; roll ball in crumb mixture, pressing mixture into ball until completely covered. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon 1 tablespoon sauce onto each dessert plate. Place coated ice cream balls over sauce. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon sauce, letting some run down sides (reheat sauce slightly if too thick to drizzle). Serve immediately.