Golden pineapple granita
How to Make Golden pineapple granita
- 1using a large sharp knife, cut off the bottom stem end of the green top crown of the pineapple.
- 2Stand pineapple on one end. If desired, make narrow wedge shaped grooves into the pineapple to remove as many eyes as possible. With the peeled pineapple standing on one end, cut it into four pieces by cutting from top to bottom. Cut the fruit away from the core on each piece. Discard core. Chop the pineapple.
- 3Place chopped pineapple in a blender or food processor. Add lime juice and honey. Cover and blend or process about two minutes or until completely smooth. Press through a strainer. You should have about 1 2/3 cup strained fruit juice mixture.
- 4Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish. Freeze for at least four hours or until firm. Break frozen mixture into large chunks. Transfer to a chilled large bowl. Beat with a mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Return mixture to baking dish. Cover and freeze for at least three hours or until firm.
- 5To serve, let stand at room temperature for five minutes. Scoop into chilled dessert dishes. If desired, top with shredded lime peel and/or lime wedges. Makes six servings.