How to Make German Chocolate Ice Cream
- Combine sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Cook additional 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Blend in melted chocolate.
- Blend a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute (DO NOT BOIL).
- Remove from heat; add coconut.
- Cool and then blend in cream; chill.
- Stir in nuts and churn-freeze. Makes 2 quarts.