How to Make German Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1Combine sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon in a 2 quart saucepan.
- 2Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 3Cook additional 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- 4Blend in melted chocolate.
- 5Blend a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- 6Cook 1 minute (DO NOT BOIL).
- 7Remove from heat; add coconut.
- 8Cool and then blend in cream; chill.
- 9Stir in nuts and churn-freeze. Makes 2 quarts.