Fried Ice Cream
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed frosted cornflakes
- 1 cup cookie crumbs (i use vanilla wafers)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- hot chocolate sauce, whipped cream, crushed pecans and maraschino cherries
YOU CAN ALSO ADD A BIT OF CINNAMON TO THE MIX OF COOKIES, CORN FLAKES AND COCONUT. IT GIVES IT A UNIQUE FLAVOR. (THIS IS HOW I LIKE MINE)
How to Make Fried Ice Cream
- 1With the ice cream, form 4 large balls of ice cream, wrap them in waxed paper and cover with plastic wrap to freeze them for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- 2In a bowl, combine cornflakes and cookie crumbs and spread the mixture in a shallow dish.
- 3Dip the ice cream balls in the cornflakes mixture and freeze again for 30 minutes.
- 4Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl.
Dip the ice cream balls in the eggs and roll them again in the crumb mixture and make sure that the balls are well coated.
- 5You will have to freeze the ice cream balls again for an hour or longer.
- 6Heat oil to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lower the balls into the oil and fry them till the balls are golden brown in color.
- 7Remove the ice cream balls and place them on a dessert bowl, drizzle some chocolate sauce and whipped cream on it, top with a cherry and serve.