El Torito’s Deep Fried Ice Cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 pint chocolate chip ice cream
- oil for deep frying
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
CEREAL COATING MIX:
DEEP FRIED ICE CREAM:
How to Make El Torito’s Deep Fried Ice Cream
- 1To make egg wash, beat eggs and add water. Set aside
- 2To make cereal coating, mix corn lakes, sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- 3To make deep fried ice cream, form ice cream into 2 oz. balls. Place on cookie sheet in freezer for 2 hours.
- 4Remove ice cream from freezer and dip into egg wash, then in cereal, back into egg wash then back into cereal. Be sure ice cream is covered completely. Refreeze.
- 5Remove ice cream balls from freezer and lower into a deep fryer and fry at 375 for 45 to 60 seconds, long enough to bring the inside to serving temperature. Top with rosette of whipped cream and a cherry. Makes 8 servings.
El Torito Restaurant, 4221 Dolphin Striker Way, Newport Beach, Ca.