As the alcohol cooks off, leaving the essence of the ripple, the apples absorb the flavors of the bourbon combining to make this perfect ice cream topping.
- sweet apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 6 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- cinnamon stick, approximately 1 inch
- 4 oz
- burbon, good quality
- vanilla ice cream
How to Make Drunken Apples
- 1In a large saucepan, combine sugar, the rind and juice of half a lemon, cinnamon stick, and bourbon.
- 2Place the pan directly over a flame and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 3Place apples in the pan. Cover and simmer until the apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4Serve the apples with the hot sauce over vanilla ice cream.