Creamy Peach Ice Cream
It has been quite a while since I made this delicious ice cream, but my daughter has requested it for her birthday this year.
By the way, I doubt you will have any left over for your freezer if this is made for 5 or more adults. It's truly delicious so be prepared for an old fashioned ice cream pig-out!
My Prep time also includes monitoring the electric freezer while it's churning the ice cream.
This recipe is tried and true, dating as far back as the mid 1850s or possibly further back.
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar, divided
- (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 5 c
- milk (only whole milk)
- fresh peaches mashed up or peaches from a 29 ounce can of peaches, drained and mashed
How to Make Creamy Peach Ice Cream
- 1Beat eggs until frothy; add 1 cup sugar and beat well. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla, mixing well. Pour into freezer can of a 5 quart electric freezer; add milk. Turn about 5 minutes or until custard is thick.
- 2Combine peaches and remaining 1/2 cup of sugar. Remove dasher, and add peaches to cream mixture. Return dasher to freezer, and freeze mixture according to manufacturer's instructions. Let ice cream ripen about 1 hour. Yield 1 gallon.
NOTE: If this is your first time to make homemade ice cream, avoid getting any rock salt in your ice cream.
Even though whole milk is required, if you stock skim milk only, you may substitute an extra can or 2 of evaporated milk mixed with skim milk creating a combination of 5 cups of milk/evaporated milk blend. ;)
Also, I always puree the peaches. PM me if you'd like more helpful tips for your first homemade ice cream endeavor.