Chocolate Raspberry Toasted Hazelnut Ice Cream
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Toasted Hazelnut Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Toast and skin the hazelnuts.
- Lightly crush the nuts with the bottom of a saute pan.
- Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium-high heat.
- Place the semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolates and milk in the top half of the double boiler.
- Tightly cover the top with film wrap.
- Allow to heat for 8 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a stainless steel bowl and stir until smooth.
- Crush the raspberries in a stainless steel bowl using a ladle or metal spoon (be sure to crush, not puree, the berries).
- Stir crushed berries into chocolate mixture and hold at room temperature.
- Heat the heavy cream and half and half in a 2 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add 1/4 cup of sugar, and stir to dissolve.
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Cool overnight in fridge, process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.