Chocolate Raspberry Toasted Hazelnut Ice Cream
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Toasted Hazelnut Ice Cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Toast and skin the hazelnuts.
- 3Lightly crush the nuts with the bottom of a saute pan.
- 4Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium-high heat.
- 5Place the semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolates and milk in the top half of the double boiler.
- 6Tightly cover the top with film wrap.
- 7Allow to heat for 8 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a stainless steel bowl and stir until smooth.
- 8Crush the raspberries in a stainless steel bowl using a ladle or metal spoon (be sure to crush, not puree, the berries).
- 9Stir crushed berries into chocolate mixture and hold at room temperature.
- 10Heat the heavy cream and half and half in a 2 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 11When hot, add 1/4 cup of sugar, and stir to dissolve.
- 12Bring cream to a boil.
- 13Cool overnight in fridge, process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.