Chocolate Ice Cream - Quick & Easy
After churning, let it rest a while to cure & firm up a bit. We didn't do that yesterday, as soon as the machine was turned off people were lined up for ice cream. It was still almost soupy, but beyond delicious.
My nephews say this is like a Frosty, before they changed them a couple of years ago. Chuck (or Charley) used a full-size bucket style ice cream maker, not one of the 1.5 qt countertop types. I haven't figured adjusted quantities yet for the smaller machine.
- 1 qt
- chocolate milk
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz
- (1 container) frozen whipped topping (not fat-free)
- 1 c
- (or less!) sugar
How to Make Chocolate Ice Cream - Quick & Easy
- 1Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- 2Place in container of 4-5-or 6 qt ice cream maker. Put ice and rock salt (around the container) in bucket according to manufacturer's directions.
- 3Freeze for about 45 minutes (see instructions for your ice cream maker). Could be served immediately, but probably better to let it cure for a while.
- 4** Note: This ice cream was not 'too' sweet, but i thought it would be just as good with less sugar and am going to try with about 1/2 cup. even though my cousin says 'there is no such thing as too much sugar.'