chocolate covered brownie ice cream sandwiches
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- cocoa powder plus more for pan
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c
- 1 pinch
- kosher salt
- 1 qt
- vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- 3 lb
- chocolate chips
- 1 tsp
FOR THE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
How to Make chocolate covered brownie ice cream sandwiches
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Butter a quarter sheet pan or a 13x9 pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom spread with butter and dust with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- 2In the bowl of a electric mix fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugar and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. When the mixture is creamy and all lumps are gone. Add in eggs 1 at a time incorporated well before each addition. Add in vanilla.
- 3With the mixer on low add in flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Spread into prepared pan and bake until shiny on the top 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- 4Remove the brownie from the pan and cut in half. Spread ice cream on 1 half and top with the other half. Freeze for 2-4 hours until firm.
- 5Cut the large ice cream sandwich into smaller sandwiches. Insert wooden popsicle sticks and freeze for another hour.
- 6Melt the chocolate chips with the oil in the microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is smooth. Dip each ice cream sandwich in the chocolate and let set on a sheet of parchment paper. Wrap in parchment paper and freeze until ready to serve.