Chocolate Coated Ice Cream Bon Bons
Recipe / Photo Adapted from Land o Lakes
- 2 c
- strawberry ice cream*
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- semi sweet real chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp
- sweetened whipped cream
- fresh strawberries
How to Make Chocolate Coated Ice Cream Bon Bons
- 1Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; place in freezer 10 minutes.
- 2Scoop 6 (1/3 cup) ice cream balls; place onto prepared baking sheet. Freeze until very firm (2 to 3 hours).
- 3Place butter and chocolate chips in 1-quart saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (4 to 5 minutes). Stir in milk; cool to room temperature.
- 4Working quickly with 1 ice cream ball at a time, lift frozen ice cream balls from baking sheet with large spoon. Hold over melted chocolate; spoon chocolate over ice cream ball evenly coating all sides. Carefully slide ice cream ball from spoon back onto cookie sheet. Return to freezer until ready to serve (at least 1 hour).
- 5To serve, place ice cream bon bons on individual dessert plates; garnish with whipped cream and strawberries.
*Substitute 2 cups your favorite flavor ice cream.
If ice cream becomes too soft while coating, return to freezer.