Blackberry Ice Cream
It's the strawberry ice cream recipe with blackberries subsituting for strawberries, and then adding kirsch.
- 12 oz
- fresh blackberries
- 1 to 2 tsp
- kirsch optional
- 3/4 c
- whole milk
- 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Blackberry Ice Cream
- 1Put the blackberries in a food processor, or Ninja and process just til you have no large pieces of berries, sprinkle kirsch over berries, and let sit.
- 2In a med bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk, sugar and salt, until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, stir in the blackberries and kirsch.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- 5Put into the ice cream machine and process 15 to 20 minutes. You can eat now soft set, or put in freezer to firm up a little.