Blackberry Ice Cream
It's the strawberry ice cream recipe with blackberries subsituting for strawberries, and then adding kirsch.
12 ozfresh blackberries
1 to 2 tspkirsch optional
3/4 cwhole milk
2/3 cgranulated sugar
1 1/2 cheavy cream
1 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Blackberry Ice Cream
- Put the blackberries in a food processor, or Ninja and process just til you have no large pieces of berries, sprinkle kirsch over berries, and let sit.
- In a med bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk, sugar and salt, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, stir in the blackberries and kirsch.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Put into the ice cream machine and process 15 to 20 minutes. You can eat now soft set, or put in freezer to firm up a little.