★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- juicy sweet blackberries
- 1 c
- egg yolks
- 1 c
- buttermilk (buy the higher fat)
- 1 c
- whipping cream
How to Make Blackberry Custard Ice Cream
- 1wash the blackberries and drain and place in a small saucepan with half the sugar.
- 2turn on medium high heat and bring to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3put a sieve directly over the mouth of a blender jar and strain the blackberry juice and as much pulp as you can squeeze out with a wooden spoon into the blender jar.
- 4in another medium sized saucepan, put the remaining sugar, the egg yolks and the whipping cream.
- 5whisk constantly over medium heat until the mixture just begins to simmer and the custard coats the back of a spoon.
- 6add the buttermilk and continue to stir for another minute.
- 7add the cooked custard into the blender jar and process for a minute to blend well.
- 8put the container into the refrigerator and chill well. (at least 4 hours).
- 9using on ice cream maker freeze the blackberry custard according to manufactures instructions.