★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cjuicy sweet blackberries
1 cbuttermilk (buy the higher fat)
1 cwhipping cream
How to Make Blackberry Custard Ice Cream
- wash the blackberries and drain and place in a small saucepan with half the sugar.
- turn on medium high heat and bring to simmer for 5 minutes.
- put a sieve directly over the mouth of a blender jar and strain the blackberry juice and as much pulp as you can squeeze out with a wooden spoon into the blender jar.
- in another medium sized saucepan, put the remaining sugar, the egg yolks and the whipping cream.
- whisk constantly over medium heat until the mixture just begins to simmer and the custard coats the back of a spoon.
- add the buttermilk and continue to stir for another minute.
- add the cooked custard into the blender jar and process for a minute to blend well.
- put the container into the refrigerator and chill well. (at least 4 hours).
- using on ice cream maker freeze the blackberry custard according to manufactures instructions.