- 2 l
- big red soda
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries, chopped, save juice
- 1 pkg
- pecans, chopped
- 3 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkg
- chocolate chips, if desired
- use cherries, pecans and chocolate chips to suit your taste.
How to Make Big Red Soda Ice Cream
- 1This requires an ice cream maker. Get that ready to go.
- 2Chop cherries and pecans. Pour into ice cream machine container. Add reserved cherry juice. Pour in 3 cans of sweetened condensed milk. Fill the container up to the fill line with Big Red soda. Put on lid.
- 3Turn on ice cream maker and wait for it to freeze, adding salt and ice as needed to the ice cream machine. Once the machine stops it is okay to eat. If you like the ice cream harder then pour out of machine into a big covered container and let harden in the freezer. Enjoy!!
- 4This can be made to your family's preferences very easily. I have a friend that just uses 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk. You can leave out the pecans if you prefer. You can also substitute strawberry soda for the Big Red soda. Have fun with the recipe.