Banana Split Dessert
- 3 c
- graham crackers, crushed (reserve 1 cup)
- banana (optional in case of allergies)
- 1/2 gal
- box of vanilla or neopolitan ice cream (softened)
- 1 c
- chocolate chips
- 1 c
- butter, softened (1/2 cup for crackers, 1/2 for chocolate chips)
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c
- sugar (mix with heavy whipping cream)
How to Make Banana Split Dessert
- 1Mix 1/2 cup melted butter with 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs. Cover bottom of a 11x5 pan with butter/crumb mixture.
- 2Slice and spread the banana over the crumbs if you are using a banana. Slice the box of ice cream in 1/2 to 1 inch slices and lay evenly over the entire surface of bananas. Freeze until firm.
- 3Melt chocolate chips and butter over low to medium low heat. Add powdered sugar and milk, cook until smooth and thick. Add vanilla and remove from heat, cooling to room temperature.
- 4Pour or spoon mixture over ice cream and freeze until firm.
- 5Whip the heavy whipping cream with sugar until thick. Spoon the whipping cream over the top of the chocolate layer and then top with the remaining 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs and freeze. Take out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving.