How to Make Banana Ice Cream
- 1Add whipping cream, whole milk, and vanilla bean in a pan and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. Stir constantly and do not cover.
- 2In a separate bowl mix the eggs and sugar until well blended.
- 3After the cream and milk has been simmering, take out the vanilla bean and add the egg/sugar mixture to the pan, maintaining the simmer and the stirring.
- 4When this begins to thicken (approx 3-5 minutes) remove from heat, cover with plastic wrap (tight to the mixture), and put in the fridge until completely
- 5Once cool add the bananas (diced), the mixture, and the vanilla extract into a blender and blend for 4 minutes on high or until it looks slightly frothy.
- 6Immediately (do not let mixture settle) put this in your ice cream machine and chill per the machine's instructions. It will make just under 2 quarts, perfect for a 2 quart machine. Add in the chocolate chips before serving.