Angel coffee sundaes
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- parchment paper
- one package angel food cake mix, 16 ounces
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 4 teaspoons hot water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup jarred chocolate sauce
- 3/4 cup jarred caramel sauce
How to Make Angel coffee sundaes
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2Line a 13 x 9" pan with parchment paper. Prepare angel food cake batter according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3Bake at 350° for 30 to 33 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, dissolve coffee granules and 4 teaspoons hot water. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add coffee, and beat until spreading consistency.
- 5Trim and discard edges from cake. Spread frosting on top and sides of each piece of cake; roll in pecans. Serve with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce. Makes 15 servings