wowza summer fruit paulova
1 1/4 csugar
FOR THE FILLING
1 1/2 cfresh cream for whipping to stiff peaks
8 to 12 scoop(s)vanilla ice cream depending on how many people you will be serving
10fresh or frozen strawberries for the puree
10fresh strawberries for decoration
·handful of blueberries
·handful of raspberries
How to Make wowza summer fruit paulova
- Turn oven on to 225.
- Separate the egg whites and add them to the mixing bowl. Make sure you mixing bowl is free from any grease and very clean. If you are not sure wipe some lemon juice on the inside of the bowl. If the bowl is greasy the egg whites will not foam well.
- Note please take care not to get any egg yolk in the egg whites. Crack them separately just incase one of the yolks breaks.
- Whisk on high speed until the whites are frothy and stiff so it doesn't fall back into the bowl.
- Add the sugar and whisk again on high speed for 1 more minute.
- Once you have added the sugar whisk again. You will notice the egg whites take on a glossy shine look. This is when it is ready.
- Once glossy it is at this point you may wish to add some food flavoring such as almond or vanilla extract. You can add 2 drops of red food coloring and the meringue will turn pink etc.
- Scoop out the meringue and place it on a blog in the center of your tray. Using a spatula push the meringue mixture in circle movements so it is as large as a serving dish 14 inches wide.
- Form a wall all around the meringue and making sure the base has got at least 2 cm of meringue if not the meringue will break once you try to remove from the baking tray.
- You can make mini ones the size of sauces using the same shaping method.
- Using a spoon make blob of meringue on the baking tray on top of parchment paper.
- Make a ridge around the sides of the meringue to hold the filling once cooked. A large wowza and a mini wowza miningue.
- Place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Leave to cool completely before trying to remove from tray.
- Once cooked use a fish slicer to very gently coax the meringue from the parchment paper and transfer to your serving dish. In a blender puree 10 strawberries until a smooth liquid.
- Make up the pavlova just before serving due to the ice cream.
- First whip up the cream to stiff peaks and spread roughly on the base on the meringue.
- Add the scoops of ice cream randomly all over. Randomly place your fruits all over the mountain of delicious ice cream and cream.
- Arrange the fresh strawberries. Ilike to leave the green stalk on the strawberry just for the color dimension.
- Add candles, sparklers for extra bling and serve. I find it easy way to use a pie slicer to cut and serve.