wowza summer fruit paulova
- egg whites
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh cream for whipping to stiff peaks
- 8 to 12 scoop(s)
- vanilla ice cream depending on how many people you will be serving
- fresh or frozen strawberries for the puree
- fresh strawberries for decoration
- handful of blueberries
- handful of raspberries
FOR THE FILLING
How to Make wowza summer fruit paulova
- 1Turn oven on to 225.
- 2Separate the egg whites and add them to the mixing bowl. Make sure you mixing bowl is free from any grease and very clean. If you are not sure wipe some lemon juice on the inside of the bowl. If the bowl is greasy the egg whites will not foam well.
- 3Note please take care not to get any egg yolk in the egg whites. Crack them separately just incase one of the yolks breaks.
- 4Whisk on high speed until the whites are frothy and stiff so it doesn't fall back into the bowl.
- 5Add the sugar and whisk again on high speed for 1 more minute.
- 6Once you have added the sugar whisk again. You will notice the egg whites take on a glossy shine look. This is when it is ready.
- 7Once glossy it is at this point you may wish to add some food flavoring such as almond or vanilla extract. You can add 2 drops of red food coloring and the meringue will turn pink etc.
- 8Scoop out the meringue and place it on a blog in the center of your tray. Using a spatula push the meringue mixture in circle movements so it is as large as a serving dish 14 inches wide.
- 9Form a wall all around the meringue and making sure the base has got at least 2 cm of meringue if not the meringue will break once you try to remove from the baking tray.
- 10You can make mini ones the size of sauces using the same shaping method.
- 11Using a spoon make blob of meringue on the baking tray on top of parchment paper.
- 12Make a ridge around the sides of the meringue to hold the filling once cooked. A large wowza and a mini wowza miningue.
- 13Place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Leave to cool completely before trying to remove from tray.
- 14Once cooked use a fish slicer to very gently coax the meringue from the parchment paper and transfer to your serving dish. In a blender puree 10 strawberries until a smooth liquid.
- 15Make up the pavlova just before serving due to the ice cream.
- 16First whip up the cream to stiff peaks and spread roughly on the base on the meringue.
- 17Add the scoops of ice cream randomly all over. Randomly place your fruits all over the mountain of delicious ice cream and cream.
- 18Arrange the fresh strawberries. Ilike to leave the green stalk on the strawberry just for the color dimension.
- 19Add candles, sparklers for extra bling and serve. I find it easy way to use a pie slicer to cut and serve.