WonTon Pie Bites
How to Make WonTon Pie Bites
- 1In a shallow dish, mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the water for the egg wash.
- 3Place one wonton wrapper on a clean, dry surface. With a small pastry brush or a spoon, paint the edges of the wonton wrapper with the egg wash. Then spoon 1 teaspoon of the pie filling in the middle. Fold over to form a triangle and seal very well. Repeat for remaining. Make sure you have a good, tight seal, otherwise the filling will leak out and cause oil splatters.
- 5Carefully slide in a few wontons into the oil with a long-handled spoon. (Use a screen to protect you from the oil.)
- 6Fry for 1 minute on each side, until golden brown. Drain on rack.
- 7While still warm, sprinkle won ton on both sides with sugar/cinnamon mixture or powdered sugar and place back on rack to cool. (It’s fun to have some of each for variety.)