1 pkg(17.25 oz) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
1 pkg(16 oz) baking chocolate divided
2 can(s)(15 oz) sliced pears, well drained
1/4 cdried cranberries
How to Make White Chocolate Cranberry Pear Pastry
- Thaw pastry sheets for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, lay out pastry sheets. Trim about 1" off each corner of each pastry sheet. Reserve trimmings for decoration, if desired.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on an ungreased baking sheet. Chop 6 squares of the white chocolate.
- Mix chopped chocolate, pears and cranberries. Spread mixture over the pastry on baking sheet to within 1" of edges.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and 1 Tablespoon water. Brush pastry edges with egg mixture. Top filled pastry with remaining sheet. Press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Roll out reserved pastry with remaining pastry and use a cookie cutter to cut out decorations for pastry top, if desired. Brush entire pastry with egg mixture. Cut several 2" slits, 2" apart in pastry top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool for 30 minutes. Melt remaining 2 squares white chocolate and drizzle over pastry.