WESTERN APPLE BETTY
2 csoft fine bread crumbs, (press down lightly in cup)
1/4 cbutter, melted, or margarine
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 corange juice, fresh
1 Tbspgrated orange rind
How to Make WESTERN APPLE BETTY
- Heat oven to 375. Grease shallow pan.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; place 1/2 the mixture in bottom of pan.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples and arrange over crumbs.
- Mix together sugar, salt and spices. Sprinkle over apples; top with remaining crumbs.
- Pour orange juice over crumbs, sprinkle with rind.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crumbs are browned.
- Serve hot with hard sauce.