W D's Rhubarb Crumble
Oh! And the rhubarb crumble I made yesterday? It's wuuuunderfuuulll !!!
- 2 lb
- rhubarb cut into 1 inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- light brown sugar ( i don't know why it has to be light brown)
- 1 stick
- of unsalted butter cut into little pieces (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make W D's Rhubarb Crumble
- 1Preheat oven to 375°
I mix the granulated sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a large bowl and sprinkle it on the rhubarb then sprinke the vanilla on that and stir it around so it's pretty well distributed.
- 2Put rhubarb mixture into a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- 3Put remaining 1 cup of flour, brown sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl and toss well.
Add butter chunks and mix well with a pastry blender until mixture resembles course meal.
Take a large spoon and distribute this topping over rhubarb.
- 4Bake until rhubarb is very tender and bubbly and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Serving suggestion: warm with vanilla ice cream.
Spoon leftovers into bowls and eat cold for breakfast.