Tutti Fruity Meringue Bowls
4 largeegg whites
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tsplemon extract
1/2 cchopped walnuts
1/2 cdried cranberries, chopped
1 can(s)cherry pie filling (21 oz.)
2 ozwhite melting chocolate
How to Make Tutti Fruity Meringue Bowls
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Beat egg whites on high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar very slowly (about a teaspoon at a time), continuing to beat on high until mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Beat in extract.
- Stir in nuts and cranberries by hand.
- Spoon eight heaps of meringue onto one parchment-lined baking sheet and seven onto another, making fifteen circles all together.
- Heap up the edges of each circle to form a slight bowl shape.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- Allow to cool on the sheets.
- Up to three hours before serving, spoon fruit filling into meringue “bowls.”
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions.
- Drizzle over the fruit topping.
- Unfilled meringues can be covered and stored for several days. Filled meringues will get soggy if held over to the next day. If your family is not fond of nuts, substitute 1/2 cup chocolate chips to stir into the meringues.