THE BEST PEACH COBBLER
How to Make THE BEST PEACH COBBLER
- 350 deg.. 60 min. or so..
My skillet is 11" by 3" deep..
Melt the oleo or butter in a deep skillet and swirl around sides of pan.. I always melt this in the oven.. Only takes a couple of minutes...
- Drain the peaches well..Put them over the butter. You need a nice layer of peaches on the bottom of your skillet..Completely covered..
You can save the juice to thicken a little and pour over the top when serving if desired.
- Wisk the sugar, flour, baking powder and milk together..Pour over the peaches in the skillet..
I usually add a little cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the top...1/8 tsp cinnamon and 2 Tbsp or so of sugar..
- Place in oven and bake for aprox. 1 hr.. This depends on your oven... I start testing after 50 min. with a toothpick...
This forms a cake like toping on the peaches...
Enjoy! I also use a large tablespoon to spoon it out... This makes aprox. 10 servings...
- This recipe can be halved for smaller families..
Just remember that this does raise some.. You don't want it to run over in your oven..