Sweet ricotta and strawberry parfaits
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved or quartered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- one carton part skim ricotta cheese, 15 ounces
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- fresh mint
How to Make Sweet ricotta and strawberry parfaits
- 1in medium bowl mix strawberries, sugar, and the 1 tablespoon snipped mint. Gently stir to mix. Let stand about 15 minutes or until berries soften and start to release their juices.
- 2In another medium bowl mix ricotta, agave nectar, vanilla and lemon peel. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for two minutes.
- 3To assemble parfaits, scoop 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture into each of six parfait glasses. Top ricotta mixture in each glass with a large spoonful of the strawberry mixture. Repeat layers with the remaining ricotta mixture and strawberry mixture. Garnish with additional fresh mint. Serve at once or cover and chill for up to four hours makes six servings.