PS. It's also fat free!
- 12 oz
- trimmed, fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp
- lemon or lime juice (optional)
- 1/2 c
- sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 large
- egg whites, room temperature
- pinch salt
How to Make Strawberry Souffle
- 1Preheat oven to 400F. Butter and sugar six 8-oz ramekins (or four 8-oz ramekins). I had 4 8-oz ones and I still ended up with a little bit left so I put it in a very small ramekin and gave that one to my 1 year old.
- 2In the bowl of a food processor, combine strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Blend until mixture is very smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually blend in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt and continue beating to stiff peaks. Whisk 1/3 of strawberry mixture into the egg whites. Gradually fold in remaining strawberry puree until everything is evenly combined.
- 4Fill all ramekins to the top and level with the back of a butter knife. There may be some batter left over (just discard remaining batter unless you have enough to fill an additional small ramekin). Place them all on a large cookie sheet and carefully place them in the oven.
- 5Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the tops of the souffles are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Souffles are still good at room temperature, but they will sink down a bit as they cool.