How to Make Strawberry Dumplings
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the biscuit mix and water and roll into a ball.
- Place on a floured surface. Divide the ball into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a circle. Place 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons sugar on top of the berries.
- Wet the dough around the edges just a little and pinch each dumpling up into a little purse. Place seam side up in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour the 2 cups of cream over and around the dumplings. Sprinkle each with 1 more tablespoon of sugar.
- Place in a 350 oven for 1 hour uncovered.
- Halfway through the baking time,remove from the oven and dip some of the cream up and pour back over the top of each dumpling.
- This keeps them from drying out and makes the tops nice and brown.
- Remove from oven and serve with ice cream, whipped cream or just as it is.