Strawberry Cream Dessert
You can switch the Vanilla sandwich cookies for Chocolate if you prefer. I have made it both ways..vanilla being my favorite. This dessert can also be frozen.
- vanilla sandwich cookies or chocolate
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- (6-ounce) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 - 3/4 c
- boiling water
- (6-ounce) can pineapple-orange juice
- 1/2 c
- cold water
- 2 c
- mashed or pureed strawberries (about 3 cups whole berries)
- (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Strawberry Cream Dessert
- 1Crush the sandwich cookies by placing in a heavy-duty plastic bag and pounding with a rolling pin. Place in 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
Pour melted butter over, mix well with fork, and press the buttered crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl, combine gelatin with the boiling water. Stir until the gelatin mixture completely dissolves. Add the pineapple-orange juice and the cold water and stir well. Then add the strawberry puree. Refrigerate until the mixture becomes a bit thicker.
- 3Using a wire whisk, stir in the thawed whipped topping until smooth. Chill in refrigerator for 10-20 minutes longer or until mixture thickens a bit more but is not set. Then pour over crumb crust in baking dish.
Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or until set. You can also freeze this dessert.