★★★★★ 1 vote5
1angel food cake (sugar free or regular)
1 boxreduced calorie strawberry gelatin (dry mix, .35 oz)
10 ozfrozen unsweetened strawberries
1 tspsweetner (sugar substitute)
16 oztopping, whipped, lite or sugar free
How to Make Strawberry Bliss
- Break the angel food cake into 1/2" to 1" pieces and spread them evenly into a 9 x 13 glass cake pan.
- Thaw the strawberries, place into a bowl and stir in sweetener to taste.
- Mix the dry jello with 1 1/2 cups boiling water to dissolve.
- When jello is cooled but not set, stir in the thawed strawberries.
- Evenly pour the strawberry mixture over the angel food cake pieces and slightly "squish" the liquid into the cake pieces.
- "Frost" the cake with the thawed whipped topping. If desired, garnish the cake with fresh sliced or whole strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Cut ito 3 x 3 squares to serve. Keep leftovers refrigerated.