Strawberry-Banana Layered Delight
The fresh whipped cream on top balances the the sweet layers below! Make it early in the day so it has plenty of time to chill. It will hold together better when you slice it.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
1 1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
2 stickbutter, softened
2 cconfectioners' sugar
4-5bananas, cut in half, lengthwise
32 ozfrozen strawberries, pre-sweetened
1 ptheavy cream, whipped
How to Make Strawberry-Banana Layered Delight
- Combine the crumbs and one stick of butter; press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass dish. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Put thawed strawberries in a medium saucepan; mix in cornstarch and boil until thickened. Chill in freezer while you make the next layer.
- Beat together the sugar, egg whites, and other stick of butter. Spread over the cooled graham cracker layer.
- Arrange the sliced bananas on top.
- Spread cooled strawberries over bananas.
- Whip the heavy cream and spread on top of all.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4-6 hours before serving. Cut in to squares and drizzle some chocolate sauce on top if desired.