Star Spangled Eclairs
1/3 cbutter or vegan margarine
2/3 csifted all purpose flour
3medium fresh eggs
1 to 2 cwhipped cream
1/4 cpowdered sugar
1 cfresh raspberries
1 cfresh blueberries
How to Make Star Spangled Eclairs
- Combine butter and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the sifted flour and salt all at once. Stir quickly until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a firm ball. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well with an electric mixture after each addition.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag with a large star tip, or use a cookie press with an eclair tip.
- Form 5 inch. long eclairs on a lightly greased non-stick cookie sheet (or make the size you prefer).
- Bake in a preheated 450deg. F (190deg. C) oven for 15 minutes, then at 325deg. F (160deg, C) for another 15 minutes being careful not to brown them too much. They should be golden in color.
- Remove them to a cooling rack and pierce each one with the tip of a knife to release steam.
- When cool, slice each eclair in half horizontally and pipe some sweetened whipped cream on each half. (You might want to scrape out some of the insides if they are not hollow enough to hold the filling). Top with the fresh berries and serve.