How to Make Spiced Pineapple Sticks
- Remove ends of pineapple, and peel and core fruit. Cut into sticks 21/2 inches and 1/2 inch wide.
- In a heavy stainless steel saucepan, combine the vinegar,sugar,cloves,allspice,cinnamon,and lemon slices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add pineapple sticks and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until fruit becomes transparent.
- Pack sticks vertically in clean jars.
- Strain syrup and pour into jars within 1/2 inch of the top. Cap jars and process 5 minutes in a hot water bath.