Sour Cream Apple Puff
I like to serve this with whipped cream and why not a scoop of ice cream instead of whipped cream?!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/2 csour cream
·whipped cream, sweetened, powdered sugar, nutmeg
How to Make Sour Cream Apple Puff
- preheat oven to 350F ,peel and slice apples
- melt butter in skillet, add sugar and apples
- cook over medium heat until apples have absorbed most of the liquid and reduced in half
- remove half of the apple mixture and set aside
- beat yolks in mixing bowl until very thick. beat in sour cream and vanilla
- with clean beaters beat whites with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff
- fold whites into yolk mixture
- spread this over apples in skillet. Top with remaining set aside apples
- Bake until puffed and golden about 25 minutes
- place pan on cooling rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar and a bit of nutmeg
- Cut into 6 to 8 pie shaped pieces and serve immediately.
Puff will deflate which is normal.