☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 cpitted sour cherries
1 1/2 cwater
1 1/2 csugar, approximately
4 Tbspfresh lemon juice
·shaved ice or crushed ice
How to Make Sour Cherry Sharbat
- Combine the cherries and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Strain the cherry mixture through fine sieve lined with damp cheesecloth. Squeeze as much juice as you can from the cherries by pressing the fruit with the back of a spoon.
- Measure the cherry juice and combine with an equal amount of sugar to make a syrup.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce to 3/4 cup.
- Add the lemon juice. Immediately drizzle the hot syrup over the crushed ice or let the syrup cool, and then add it to the ice. Serve at once.