SLOW COOKER PEAR AND CRANBERRY CRISP
Recipe & photo: kraftfoods.com
- 1 pkg
- (3.4 oz.) vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 1/2 c
- sugar, divided
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- fresh pears, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted, divided
- vanilla wafers, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 c
- sliced almonds
How to Make SLOW COOKER PEAR AND CRANBERRY CRISP
- 1In a small bowl, mix dry pudding mix, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Mix the fruit in a large bowl with 1/4 cup of the melted butter. Add the pudding mixture and mix lightly.
- 2Spoon into the slow cooker; cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- 3While the mixture is cooking, combine the crushed wafers, nuts, remaining sugar and butter in a shallow microwaveable dish. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stir. Microwave another 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool.
- 4Just before serving, sprinkle the dessert with crumb mixture. Top each serving with whipped topping, if desired--or vanilla ice cream!
- 5NOTE: do NOT cook on the HIGH setting of the slow cooker. This will cause the fruit to break down and become mushy.