SLOW COOKER PEAR AND CRANBERRY CRISP
Recipe & photo: kraftfoods.com
1 pkg(3.4 oz.) vanilla flavor instant pudding
1/2 csugar, divided
1 tspground cinnamon
10fresh pears, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
1 cfresh or frozen cranberries
6 Tbspbutter, melted, divided
12vanilla wafers, coarsely crushed
1/4 csliced almonds
How to Make SLOW COOKER PEAR AND CRANBERRY CRISP
- In a small bowl, mix dry pudding mix, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Mix the fruit in a large bowl with 1/4 cup of the melted butter. Add the pudding mixture and mix lightly.
- Spoon into the slow cooker; cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- While the mixture is cooking, combine the crushed wafers, nuts, remaining sugar and butter in a shallow microwaveable dish. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stir. Microwave another 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the dessert with crumb mixture. Top each serving with whipped topping, if desired--or vanilla ice cream!
- NOTE: do NOT cook on the HIGH setting of the slow cooker. This will cause the fruit to break down and become mushy.