- 3 c
- berries, or sour cherries,peaches
- 3/4 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- sugar, divided
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened, cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- boiling water
How to Make Shiny Top Cobbler
- 1Spread Fruit in 8 x8 , baking pan, sprinkle with lemon juice
Stir together flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt
Mix in small pieces of butter then stir in milk. Makes a thick batter.
Spread mixture over fruit and to edges of pan.
Mix the remaining sugar and cornstarch.
Sprinkle over batter.
pour boiling water over all
- 2Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 1 hour or until top is nice and brown.
- 3Serve with whipped cream or ice cream