Shannon's Sticky Toffee Pudding
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/4 c chopped pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 c water
- 2 tablespoons butter,softened
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 c half and half
- 2 c packed dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
How to Make Shannon's Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Lightly spray a 8-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Place the dates in a food processor and pulse until they are pureed.
Place the date puree in a bowl,sprinkle with baking soda and set aside.
Heat 1 c of water to boiling and add to dates,stir.
In a large bowl,combine butter,brown sugar and eggs;beat until combined. Combine flour,baking powder and salt.
Fold in dry ingredients and date mixture.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake 40-50 mins or until tests done.
Remove and cool on wire rack 10 mins before removing from pan.
Prepare sauce while pudding bakes.
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring until slightly thickened.Allow to cool 10 min.before drizzling one half of the sauce over pudding.Serve remaining sauce over individual servings.