Secret Apple Dumplings
The secret is the gooey sauce. No one will guess your secret ingredient!
How to Make Secret Apple Dumplings
- Peel, core and slice the 2 apples into thin slices.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate into triangles.
- Wrap each triangle around several slices of apple and place in a 9x13" baking dish.
- Place sugar, cinnamon and butter into microwave-safe dish and cook until bubbly and combined. You may have to stir several times during the cooking process. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't boil over.
- Ladle sugar mixture over each apple pocket.
- Top entire thing with 12 ounces (1 can) of Mountain Dew. Be careful not to pour over the dumplings but rather try to pour around each one.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Best served hot with ice cream but also good straight out of the oven, cold, or any other time!