Secret Apple Dumplings
The secret is the gooey sauce. No one will guess your secret ingredient!
How to Make Secret Apple Dumplings
- 1Peel, core and slice the 2 apples into thin slices.
- 2Open the crescent rolls and separate into triangles.
- 3Wrap each triangle around several slices of apple and place in a 9x13" baking dish.
- 4Place sugar, cinnamon and butter into microwave-safe dish and cook until bubbly and combined. You may have to stir several times during the cooking process. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't boil over.
- 5Ladle sugar mixture over each apple pocket.
- 6Top entire thing with 12 ounces (1 can) of Mountain Dew. Be careful not to pour over the dumplings but rather try to pour around each one.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- 8Best served hot with ice cream but also good straight out of the oven, cold, or any other time!