Fill it with sweetened fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. Mix them and you'll have Fruits of the Forest Schuamtorte!
How to Make SCHAUMTORTE
- Beat egg whites and salt until frothy. Add cream of tartar. Beat until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually beating after each addition until the sugar is dissolved. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Add extract and blend.
- Cover baking sheet with heavy brown paper or parchment paper. Draw an eight inch circle on paper. Spread meringue in the circle 1/2 inch thick. Pile the remainder of the meringue around the edges.
- Place in a preheated 450 degree oven. Close the door. Turn off heat. Let stay in closed oven overnight or at least 5 hours.
- Remove from oven and paper. Place on pretty serving tray. Fill with sweetened fresh strawberries. I usually use whole fresh strawberries or SLICED berries. Sprinkle with granulated sugar to your taste. I usually use 3 tablespoons for 2-3 cups of berries depending on the berry.
- Top this off with fresh whipped cream.