Ricotta Mascarpone Mousse w/ Balsamic Strawberries
Jo Anne Sugimoto
And of course, who doesn't like ricotta and mascarpone cheeses!!!
Inspired by: www.simplyrecipes.com
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one of those deceptively easy desserts that will really impress your guests! I plan to make it a regular dish for parties. The Test Kitchen
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 lb
- whole milk ricotta cheese
- 8 oz
- mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 2 lb
- strawberries, cleaned, hulled, cut into quarters
- 1/4 c
- balsamic vinegar, or to taste
How to Make Ricotta Mascarpone Mousse w/ Balsamic Strawberries
- 1Begin by preparing your mousse. Beat cream in a bowl until it reaches the soft peak stage... then stop! Set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, add the lemon zest and 1/2 cup sugar to your ricotta and mascarpone. Whip with mixer until smooth. (Yum!)
- 3Next, take the cream you've whipped and begin folding it into the cheese mixture. Take your time and go slowly. You want a smooth texture. When complete, cover and chill for an hour or two.
- 4When you're getting near serving time, begin preparing your berries. Place them in a bowl and add in the remaning sugar and all of the vinegar. Toss quickly and serve promptly over your chilled mousse.